This program provides you with an introduction to the concepts and skills used by recreational freedivers, and allows you to dive dive in a confined water environment with an SSI Dive Professional. You will earn the SSI Try Freediving recognition rating after completing this program.
The Try Freedive program is ideal for those who are interested in learning how to freedive and become better snorkelers!
- One knowledge development session conducted by our freediving instructor
- Essential Freediving skills in the swimming pool such as static and dynamic apnea. We also introduce our students to correct diving techniques using the deep section of our beach (around 5 meters)
- Includes all freediving equipment.
- You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkelling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Itinerary for the day
- Pick-up is at 07:30 from our dive shop, or from your hotel depending on its location.
- We arrive at the harbor around 08:00, and head to Hon Mun Marine Park, which takes approximately 45 minutes by boat.
- Fruit, tea, coffee and drinking water is provided on the boat throughout the day.
- We spend around 1 hour/1 hour 30 minutes at the first dive site which allows plenty of time to make the most of your activity.
- Then brunch is served, consisting of a buffet of bread rolls, cold meats, cheese, eggs, and salad.
- After this break, we travel a short distance to the second dive site where we spend another hour or so, before heading back to the harbor.
- We arrive back at the harbor between 13:00-14:00, and our transport will take you back to your hotel or the dive shop.
What will you learn?
- Freediving equipment
- The physiology of freediving
- Freediving skills