Freediving for beginners
Diving on a single breath can be considered the purest and most natural way of exploring the underwater world. Freediving, or apnea diving, increases self- and body awareness, while at the same time taking you closer to a world that most people have never seen. If you are looking for adventure, fun and a challenge come and take the plunge with us.
This is probably the most challenging and rewarding freediving course. For those who are already confident in the open water this course is your starting point. The course builds a foundation of good technique and safety so that you can buddy with other SSI Freediving LVL 1. This course consists of one theory session, one pool session and three open water sessions.
When you pass all the course requirements, including a 25 question multiple-choice exam, you will receive a beautiful (digital) certificate. The freediving certificate. You are now a freediver!
You have acquired the skills to freedive safely and comfortable dive to depths up to 20 metres. An entire new world has opened before you – an amazing underwater and lifestyle world!
The Level 1 course takes 2-3 days.
The first day, classes are given in Nha Trang in a swimming pool and the second day will be on a boat around Hon Mun island.
What is included :
High quality equipment including a dive computer, all drinks and food aboard the boat, pick-up, and a fully certified SSI instructor teaching you.
Freediving Instructor: Andrei Smirnov, SSI Pro: #: 85207
The above price is including taxes, snorkelling fee, rental of freediving gear, use of the facility, study materials and certification fees.
What you will learn during your beginner freediving course!
The course will last a minimum of 2 days – usually, we run the beginner freediving courses in 2-3 days, but we can be flexible and add additional coaching sessions when needed. Each beginner course has at least 1 pool session and at least 2. But there is more than these in-water sessions. Knowledge is power, and once you know what happens when you hold your breath when you learn how to swim or fin efficiently, how to save oxygen, magical things happen.
- How to hold your breath longer
- Finning Technique
- Buddy System and Rescues
- Diving down efficiently
- Body Position While Diving
- The Dangers of Freediving
- Freediving Gear
- How we Deal with Pressure
- The Different Freediving Techniques
- Body Stretching for Freedivers
- Freediving Physiology
You learn freediving in the pool and ocean, but the knowledge is learned in the classroom – and you will learn a lot!
- Minimum 12 years old (with parent or guardian consent) and be able to swim.
- Be able to swim a distance of 200 meters without any swim or buoyancy aids.
- Pick-up is at 07:30 from our dive shop, or from your hotel depending on its location.
- We arrive at the harbor around 08:00, and head to Hon Mun Marine Park, which takes approximately 45 minutes by boat.
- Fruit, tea, coffee and drinking water is provided on the boat throughout the day.
- We spend around 1 hour/1 hour 30 minutes at the first dive site which allows plenty of time to make the most of your activity.
- Then brunch is served, consisting of a buffet of bread rolls, cold meats, cheese, eggs, and salad.
- After this break, we travel a short distance to the second dive site where we spend another hour or so, before heading back to the harbor.
- We arrive back at the harbor between 13:00-14:00, and our transport will take you back to your hotel or the dive shop.